Slip sheets are an excellent alternative to wooden packaging materials. This is a relatively new system for handling, transporting and storing cargo. They are extremely lightweight and hard wearing, and can be used with heavy cargo such as cement, agricultural products, foodstuffs and containers. They have replaced the conventional pallet as the shipment and storage system.
Plastic Slip Sheets are a low-cost handling solution for uses that involve push-pull devices. This flat polyethylene sheet is placed beneath the unit load, allowing for the load to be transported. The top side of the sheet has a very high friction coefficient that stops the product from moving. The underside, known as the glide zone, allows the unit load to move freely.
Forklifts must be equipped with the correct "push-pull" attachment for load/unloading depending on how they work. It is important to choose the model that best suits your needs.
Characteristics and benefits:
- No splinters or protruding nails
- Phytosanitary certification not required, free from fungi and parasites
- Lower handling costs
- Reduced loading / unloading time
- Enhanced traction resistance (pull resistance)
- Easy to make in customised sizes
- Humidity resistant
- More storage space in warehouses
- Top side non-slip